If you know of a veteran residing in Western Washington who served active duty during WWII, Korean or Vietnam wars, please encourage them to print off, complete and mail in an application and join us for an upcoming Honor Flight.
Fall Travel Dates: September 10-12 and October 15-17
More details to come.
Please note the following specifics:
- All travel arrangements will be made on behalf of the veteran/guardian.
- Puget Sound Honor Flight departs and returns out of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) and flies in and out of Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI), via Alaska Airlines direct flights.
- Veterans will gather in the Alaska Airlines departure concourse, near Door 25, on Saturday morning at 5:00a. We are working with very limited space in this ticketing location, so please come prepared (government issued photo ID and bag ready to be checked with your name tag affixed to the bag). We ask that you allow us to check your bag through for you, and we will collect the bags for you. This makes it very easy!
- As you check in you will be provided your boarding pass, and given further instructions. If you do not already know your guardian, this we will provided instructions on meeting him/her.
- What you will need for your trip:
- Valid and current government issued ID (i.e. driver’s license, passport or state ID card representing the name on your application).
- Please carry your medications on board the plane with you. You are also advised to bring extra medications that you may need, in the unlikely event that we experience any delays in returning home.
- No fluids over 3 oz in size. Fluids of 3 oz or smaller must be gathered in a quart size clear Ziploc bag.
- We highly encourage you to allow us to check your bag for you, at no charge. A PSHF representative will pick up all bags together upon arrival in DC, and you don’t have to touch it until we get to the hotel. Easy! If you choose to bring a carry-on bag with you for your personal items, and do not check it, please make sure it has your name/phone number on it.
- Be sure to check the weather prior to packing to make sure you bring appropriate clothing. We encourage casual and comfortable clothing, including footwear. You will receive a Puget Sound Honor Flight T-shirt to wear during the tour.
If you have a uniform or parts of a uniform you would like to wear on the day of the visit to the Memorial, you are encouraged to do so. Also, if you have a service-oriented hat that indicated you served, you are strongly encouraged to wear it.
Please do not bring the following:
- Pocket knives or sharp objects (except for syringes, if you are diabetic)
Hotel Accommodations / Baltimore:
1739 W. Nursery Road
Linthicum, MD 21090
- Rooms are double occupancy and you will be paired with your guardian, or another veteran.
- All meals have been arranged and you will be provided lunch on both departing and returning flights. Dinner will be made available upon our evening arrival at the Baltimore hotel. If you have special dietary needs, please let us know at least ten days prior to the flight.
- Wheelchairs will be provided at SeaTac for all airport transfers and upon arrival in Baltimore. If you think you might need a wheelchair, let us know and we will plan to have one available for you. We ask that to the extent practical, personal wheelchairs be left at home.
- Portable oxygen concentrators are not provided. It is up to the vet to rent these for travel on the plane. You need to have a copy of a prescription for oxygen not more than 12 months old. The vet is to carry the original of the prescription and we request a copy to attach to your PSHF application. Small, portable oxygen tanks are provided for the tour day and room concentrators are provided at the hotel.Also, it is highly recommended that those requiring a POC to bring one additional battery than you think you will need. In the unlikely event that we experience any delays in returning home, this will be good insurance.
- If there are any changes on your original application between now and the scheduled departure date (i.e. medical, pharmaceutical, mobility, contact information, etc.), please let us know as soon as possible (253-303-1130). It is important that we keep our information up-to-date for our travelers.
- If for any reason, you are unable to make the trip, please notify us immediately so that we may work to find another veteran to fill your vacancy. If this becomes necessary, you will be placed at the top of the list for an upcoming flight.